Friday, July 23, 2010

More Reflections from our High School Graduates @PYT2010

So far, the Presbyterian Youth Triennium 2010 has been a great experience for me and all of the youth here. I am pumped for tomorrow morning because I get to serve communion with 100 hundred other teenaged elders!

Pictured here are (left to right): Emma Williams, Matt Kilian and Paige Klinkenborg all from Heartland Presbyterian Church in Clive.

Anyone reading this should definitely go on the next trip in three years. I know that I am going - probably being a small group leader or on the college-aged work crew. Young or old can go - don't be discouraged. I came with an open mind and I definitely had a great time and loved it!

Matt Kilian
Heartland Presbyterian Church, Clive

Our small group was really awesome, we worked well together. It may have something to do with being such a small room. The closeness helped make everyone work together to get our assignments and projects done.

Picture here at lunch are (left to right): Kasey Booth (Sharpsburg, United); Jeff Ewing (Dallas Center, First); Danielle Cross (Des Moines, Clifton Heights); and adult advisor Kim Coulter (Des Moines, Westminster).
Worship was a great experience. I was able to rehearse and sing with a special choir that sung on Friday evening and Saturday morning. It was largest group (nearly 250 members) that I ever sang it. It was amazing. The sound was rich and loud at the same time. The director was impressed with how quickly we got the songs memorized for worship.

Kasey Booth
Sharpsburg United Presbyterian Church

No comments: