If you currently work at a church, either as a staff member, volunteer or lay leader, you are invited to join these informal discussions and information sharing groups. On the third Thursday of the month bring your brown bag lunch to 2400 86th St., Suite 20, Urbandale. We’ll provide the beverages.
Presbytery of Des Moines pastors, church staff and volunteers have given their subject input. Each month a topic is identified around which the majority of the discussion will revolve. Participants are encouraged to bring questions, samples, and insights related to the topic of the day. In addition to the featured topic, each session will include time to network and discuss off-topic items. Such as to share recent projects or accomplishments, or ask those “burning questions”.
All lunch sessions are free. RSVPs are recommended by not required, just bring your brown bag lunch and be ready to participate! (A microwave and frig are available too.)
Time and Location:
Times for all lunches are Noon-1 p.m. at the Presbytery of Des Moines’ Conference Room, 2400 86th St., Suite 20, Urbandale, IA 50322. Directions and Parking.
2009 Dates and Topics (the 3rd Thursday of each month except January):
- January 22 – Do Calendars Tell a Story? (please bring samples of your church’s calendars)
- February 19 – P.O.I.N.T. Tips and Tricks on Christian Education curriculums and VBS
- March 19 – (Re)Visioning Your Church
- April 16 – Web Site Writing and Optimization so Search Engines will find you
- May 21 – Evaluating your Churches Communications Efforts
- June 18 – Blogging 101 and Podcasting for Pastors
- July 16 – Learn about Khadamat Sudaniya’s Ministry
- August 20 – Social Networking Online with Youth (Facebook, MySpace and Twitter)
- September 17 – Annual & Statistical Reports, Newsletters and E-announcements (bring samples)
- October 15 – Public Relations 101 – How to Get Church News Noticed
- November 19 – How to use Photographs in your Church Ministry