Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Adopt-a-Home Mission
Continues in Gulf Coast Area


The Presbytery of Des Moines received this message from our friends in the Presbytery of South Louisiana with regards to rebuilding in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. And now, with the downgrade of Hurricane Gustav to a tropical storm after it hit the Louisiana and Texas coastline this Labor Day weekend as a Category 2 hurricane, I thought it appropriate to send out this plea for renewed help in rebuilding the Gulf Coast Region.

Thank you for keeping me on your web update list. We pray and hope that recovery is continuing to eastern Iowa. I remember coming up there on business after their '93 flooding and hoping it would never happen again. Every hurricane season we hope for a ‘pass’ on hurricane season. We never know until after September.

In our rebuilding endeavor for the New Orleans area, we have encountered a few homeowners that have unmet needs in their building material funds, and even with our volunteer assistance in rebuilding, there is a need for more funding to help them finish and move in. I have a reluctance to ask you to publish or pass around these homeowner’s needs because of your own state’s needs so I would like you to let me know if it would be appropriate to ask I understand if it would be awkward; so let me know. Here is an example of a home to adopt.

Richard Maag, Project Homecoming
The rebuilding effort of The Presbytery of South Louisiana


No comments: